Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Twenty Two!

Sunday was my birthday and I turned the big 'ole TWENTY TWO. So boring, I know. Now I'm just going to start feeling OLD on my birthdays, blaaaah. Although my co-workers all find it extremely funny that I'm still in my twenties and therefore still a baby.

So anyway...

The week leading up to my birthday was actually pretty stressful. There's a lot going on at work, I need to be packing up my apartment, moving to the new one, and preparing for Alaska. THERE'S SO MUCH GOING ON. I didn't even really have time to even think about the fact that it was almost my birthday! And sadly, it's right back to stressing now that it's over. But that's not to say that it wasn't a good weekend!

I spent some time at the Farmers Market...

Don't know why I haven't discovered this place before...

Got a yummmy birthday cupcake from my besties...



Went out with friends to celebrate...



Got put on the radio! (thanks to one of my favorites, Nick!)

I don't actually have a picture of me talking to Nick or listening to myself on the radio but I can only imagine that I looked this happy at the time, it's the little things that get me... :)

Enjoyed church and another trip to the farmers market (where I got these gorgeous flowers!) with my mom and step dad...

I have started to become obsessed with sunflowers!

Had a birthday lunch with my two best friends!

And went home to spend some wonderful time with the greatest family in the world :)



Yes, we played croquet




It was a great weekend spent with my favorite people, and I couldn't be more thankful for each and every one of them! 

And now, guess what tomorrow is? ALASKA! Crazy, right?! I can't believe that it's already almost time for me to go! I've been really nervous about flying all the way out there by myself and having to get a cab to the hotel by myself, buuuut I think it will be okay and that I'll survive, after all...I'm 22 now ;)

Oh and have I mentioned that the weather there is going to be so amazing! Just check out this forecast...


Do you see 90 degree weather on there anywhere? Yeah, neither do I. Thank you, God!

I hope you all have a wonderful week, I'll be back next week with some pictures from the gorgeous Alaska! Be praying that I see a bear... :)

Adios,
B.Hines

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pics from Alaska! I'm back in town tomorrow, will you be in town then? When are you going to Alaska?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog! Super cute! Hope you have a great bday & trip to Alaska! And I love that you go to State...I went to UNC but grew up a State fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks!! :) I love that you're a state fan even though you went to UNC! yay wolfpack!

    ReplyDelete