Monday, August 23, 2010

Peace.

So here I am sitting in the bookstacks of the library, listening to Phil Wickman and blogging. I feel like these past few weeks have all sort of run together in some sort of long, confusing, emotional blur. I feel like all of the strength has been completely drained out of me, and all that I am able to do now is just sit and enjoy the peace that is finally overwhelming me. These past few weeks have been crazy, busy, and just overall insane (for lack of a better word) and sadly enough, when I've dealt with all of this mess, the last place I've gone for guidance is to God. Why do I do that? In the midst of all this struggle the ONE place that can provide me with lasting comfort is in the arms of my Father...and yet I don't run there. I run to material things that don't last, friends and family that yes make me feel better, but ultimately can't provide me with that peace that I crave. But finally... I feel that I'm getting there.

It's amazing to me how God speaks to me. I try so desperately to pray and then have some sign from God about how my life is going to turn out or what the answers to my problems are, but it doesn't come. So does that mean He's not there? Not at all. It's in moments like this, when I'm in the library, alone, listening to songs that do nothing but praise Him, that I feel Him all around me. And I feel at peace. I feel comforted. Everything in my life is going to work out and fall into God's great plan for me. He's not going to leave me, I won't be alone.

I'm actually listening to a song right now by Phil Whickham called "Safe." It is an incredibly encouraging song, and one of my favorites. Here's the lyrics... and definitely check out the song on youtube!

Verse:
To the one who's dreams are falling all apart
And all you're left with is a tired and broken heart
I can tell by your eyes you think your on your own
but you're not all alone

Have you heard of the One who can calm the raging seas
Give sight to the blind, pull the lame up to their feet
With a love so strong and never let you go
oh you're not alone

Chorus:
You will be safe in His arms
You will be safe in His arms
'Cause the hands that hold the world are holding your heart
This is the promise He made
He will be with You always
When everything is falling apart
You will be safe in His arms

Verse 2:
Did you know that the voice that brings the dead to life
Is the very same voice that calls you to rise
So hear Him now He's calling you home
You will never be alone

Bridge:
These are the hands that built the mountains
the hands that calm the seas
These are the arms that hold the heavens
they are holding you and me

These are hands that healed the leper
Pulled the lame up to their feet
These are the arms that were nailed to a cross
to break our chains and set us free

I think that's just an awesome song to hear, no matter what you're going through or how serious the problem. Just remember that you're not alone, and that God is there protecting you and holding you. :)

And now, sadly enough, it's off to class. But not before a picture from Kristen and Donny's engagement session from over a month ago (yea, still not done editing...but I'm getting there.) Here's one of my favorite shots of her ring...




And that's all, more soon! And to everyone starting classes: stay encouraged! Don't let the stress tear you down :)

Ciao,
B.hines

2 comments: