Monday, August 30, 2010

Skipping.

I've only been in school for 13 days (including weekends), and I'm skipping class already. I mean who needs financial management anyway? Booooooring! So, seeing as how I have until around 3:45 til I have to head back on campus for class (unfortunately I can't skip spanish class) I have decided to blog. Although I'm not sure about what. But I think I'll edit some pictures today too, and maybe even finally unpack all of these boxes and clothes in my room. I've been living here for a month now, so either that shows you that I am a) incredibly lazy or b) incredibly busy/stressed. Let's go with a combination of the two.

So, in order to get my life together I have decided that I need to make a to-do list slash a goal list. Way back in the beginning of July I had said that I was going to make goals at the beginning of every month and well so far that's only happened once. But, since it's basically the beginning of September... here we go!


Short Term Goals:
-Unpack my room! It's an unorganized, messy, disaster. I just can't handle it anymore.
-Decorate my room! Due to the messy, unorganized, unpacked mess, I still have blank, boring, white walls. No pictures, no decorations, just nothing. It's so boring.
-Finally finish editing the pictures of Julie and of Kristen & Donny. Almost there!
-Update my flickr.
-Head out to Kansas City to spend some time with my Bamie (my dad's mom...we call her Bamie instead of grandmom)
-Get a piano and start to learn how to play!
-Work on and finish Alicia's birthday present (I'll be lucky if this is done by her birthday...)
-Join a community group at my church.
-Buy my class ring!
-Print out some of my own pictures and buy frames for them to hang in my room.
-Run, Run, Run! At least 3 times a week, for now.
-Read scripture or journal EVERY DAY!
-Get the messy situation in my life resolved, and be happy about the final outcome.
-Find some time for the beach and some much needed rest & relaxation.
-Go grocery shopping...and find some BREAKFAST HOT POCKETS!! Excuse me food lion but what happened here?!?
-Continue to work on a book that I might possibly be trying to write? It's a nice little way for me to let out everything that's on my mind. Even if it does turn out to be crap. Just letting my creative side out here...
-And last but not least, TAKE MORE PICTURES! I've really been slack about finding time for this :(

Long Term Goals:
-Find as much motivation as I can for my Senior year of college. (this one's going to be hard...and I can't even be done after this year, I have to go another semester!)
-Go out more! All of my friends and I will be 21, it's time to explore downtown Raleigh. (don't worry I'm not talking about getting completely crazy, that's not me)
-Join a community group at my church (this is both short term and long term, because I'm not sure how the process will turn out...)
-Continue to play/practice the piano, once I get one that is.
-Meet more people at Raleigh Worship on Tuesday's this year.
-Find a photography internship or part time photography-related job. As if I don't need anything else in my life right now, haha...
-Have more blog readers (not that I don't love the ones I have now!)
-Register for some races in the upcoming months.
-Continue to work on, and maybe even finish, my Italy scrapbook.
-Tennis! I can't remember the last time I played...
-Try not to let work stress me out. Or school. Or anything for that matter.

Hopefully by the beginning of October I will have the majority of those crossed off :) And now I leave you with one of my favorite pictures of Ms. Julie! (I promise my next blog will be when all of these pictures and Kristen & Donny's pictures are done!)



Adios,
B.Hines

1 comment:

  1. Britt you've inspired me to make some goals. And then achieve them.

    ReplyDelete