Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week 2 of Training!

Week two down, twenty more to go!!

I survived yet another week of training. It wasn't too bad, but I've kind of started to question why I signed up for this and just how I'm going to make it through 13.1 miles...

"My hope is in You, Lord
All the day long I won't be shaken by drought or storm"

...Oh yeah, but that's right, that's how I'm going to make it :) God is so good and I've been truly relying on Him and praying to Him to help me through these weeks of training! He's been so good and right when I feel like I can't do it anymore I turn to Him and feel so encouraged!

Here's a look at the past week...

Monday: day of rest!

Tuesday: 1 mile on the track at the gym - 8:43 mins. 1 mile on this cross ramp/elliptical thing - not actually sure what it was. Cross ramp was set at 8 and resistance was 6 - 10:04 minutes.

Wednesday: 2.11 miles outside on campus - 17:27 minutes. It felt nice outside, def. not as hot as last week. I'm loving running in this fall weather!

Thursday: 1.08 mile on treadmill - 11:39 mins. 2 miles on bike - 7:26 mins, my legs were so sore and tired while on the bike! Not the best of workouts, I had forgotten my hair tie AND bobby pins so my hair was all over the place. Blaaah.

Friday: rest!

Saturday: Went for an early morning run at my apartment gym! 2 miles on treadmill ~21 mins.

Sunday: Another early morning run, but this time outside around the lake :) Ran for 3 miles in about 28 minutes. There were SO MANY HILLS omgoodness. Glad I had someone to run with and encourage me and keep me going or else I would have probably given up... 

Now it's off to tackle another week, I'm ready! :)

Happy Sunday, 
B.Hines

P.S. - sorry for the lack of pictures, maybe this coming week I'll take some entertaining (and nasty) pictures of myself during/after runs to put in these training posts ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment