Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Training: Week Four

This past week was kind of a very slacker week as far as running goes. Everything else was kind of crazy with a career fair, tests, the state fair, and my cousin coming from Pittsburgh (!!) so running kind of took a back seat. But, here's what I did manage to do...

Monday: rest, of course :)

Tuesday: 2 miles - 21:06 minutes. Ran outside and had a good run! No numb feet aaaannd I got to run with my new Garmin! And yes, I love it!! It makes such a difference and it's so much easier having that to keep track of my time/miles as opposed to trying to look at my big clunky iPhone when it's strapped to my arm. Speaking of which, I think I might look into getting an iPod shuffle to just put running music on so I don't have to take my phone with me anymore, it's kind of annoying..

Wednesday: A run didn't exactly happen. I was cramming all day for a test and had full intentions of squeezing in a run, but it didn't quite work out :(

Thursday: No run today either because I'm a BIG FAT SLACKER. Actually, by the time I was out of class there wasn't enough time because then my cousin was here! And we spent the afternoon at the lovely fair :)



Friday: Rest day (as if I really needed one?) aka drive to la playa with my cousin!

Saturday: Don't worry... I ran! I was at the beach and convinced myself to get up early (~7:15am) to go run on the treadmill at the gym. I didn't have much time, but overall it was a good run - 2 miles 20:43 mins. Realized that I'm not a fun of running on the treadmill though.

Sunday: Gorgeous run on the beach at 8:15am!



Ran 2.53 miles (ran out of time and plus my feet got numb, again...agh!) in 27:40 mins. This run was good, other than the whole feet getting numb thing. I tried stretching them out more often than usual and then even took off my shoes to try and run some, and they still stayed numb. So annoying!


So it wasn't a horrible week, I guess. But this coming up week I am going to be stretching like a mad woman (I want this numbness to go away!!) and running like crazy too! Time to get in shape and start to feel good about running this half marathon! :)

Oh and expect a Myrtle Beach update coming soon (hopefully)! If life ever slows down...

Adios,
B.Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment