Monday, May 14, 2012

99 Things

Happy Monday, friends!

Are you sick of hearing about my trip yet? Hope not because I'm only halfway done! ;)

But instead of another recap today, I'm going to break up the posts with a fun little thing I've seen floating around the blog world. I used to do these kinds of things plus surveys all the time back when Xangas were cool. It really doesn't serve any purpose, but it's kind of cool to see the things that I've done and things I haven't! I hope that it's at least as entertaining for you as it was for me.

The only rule is to bold out what you've already done!

1. Started your own blog
Well, duh. You're reading it!
2. Slept under the stars
Many nights spent camping when I was younger. Not too often now though, which needs to change.
3. Played in a band
Does being in chorus count?
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
I'm sure I've done this but I can't pinpoint a time or place?
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
Let's be real, Disney WORLD is actually much better and the only one that really counts...
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
Does a duet at my moms wedding count?
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
Photography! And still learning daily :)
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
Ha! This is funny for many reasons. Me, growing anything? And vegetables at that? 
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
Sleeping on an overnight plane is bad enough, I'll pass on the train!
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
I will soon! October 28, 2012!
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
It was amazing! And he even let us help 'drive' the gondola.

29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
Hahahah I'm lucky if I can even hit the ball.
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
Maybe I haven't seen Niagara Falls but Iguazu Falls are better anyway ;) 

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
Maybe before I answer this question I should learn where that is...
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
I don't like this question. Money shouldn't be what 'truly satisfies' someone.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing

40. Seen Michelangelo's David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
How about at a fast food drive thru?
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
Does a caricature count?
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
I've been in a commercial! But possibly a movie soon... ;)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
Working on that photography business now!
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
And I'll be going again soon at the end of this month!
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle
I'd like to be...anyone want to take me for a ride?
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
One time in college my parents and brother went without me. It was super awesome of them.
80. Published a book
Elementary school. It was awesome! 

81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
I had a picture that I took in the paper! That counts right? It's still my picture...
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year's Eve
86. Visited the White House
Only the outside though...
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someones life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
The cast of One Tree Hill, woohoo! Oh and Tyler Hansborough, but that's not significant.


92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tattoo
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
It hurt, and since I was stung right on the top of my head I thought that the stinger was going to go straight through my brain and cut my head open. I was an interesting child...

Alright...now it's your turn!

And in other news, yesterday I made these amaaaazing cupcakes for Mother's Day. They were the bomb and momma loved them, which is the important part. :)


But more on those later!

Happy Monday!
B.Hines

2 comments:

  1. great post and amazing pictures :)
    I love to travel and the pictures forcing me to do it more often xD
    The Iguazu Falls are looking stunning *_* wow... really want
    to visit some waterfalls in my life. i bet it will be unforgettable. :)
    in btw really nice blog you have here, dear! keep up the great work!

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      I really love to travel too and I try to as much as I can. I just wish it were more often!
      The falls were gorgeous, you should definitely go if you ever have the chance, they were amazing!

      Delete