Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Los Libros

Day 23: A picture of your favorite book

It is impossible for me to choose just one book to call as a favorite, I have so many! I love to read, especially during the Summer, and so many of the books I have are very different from each other, so it's hard for me to pick only one.

Two of my favorite authors though, are...

#1 Nicholas Sparks
love his books, I guess that's the hopeless romantic in me. I love the passionate romance that's in his books, I'm so hooked. I also love that they take place in good 'ole North Carolina, the sweet southern state that I call home :)


I even got to meet him during my Freshman year of College!

#2 Dan Brown
His books are so INTENSE! I love how they draw you in and how they're filled with drama, suspense, and even a hint of romance throughout all of it. The Lost Symbol, Angels and Demons, Deception Point, Da Vinci code, Digital Fortress...love 'em all! And now I want to go back and reread them.

Those two are my favorite authors, but I still read a variety of other books. Just recently I finished up reading the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series.

Source

I'll be honest, the last book kind of lost me for a little bit. But that also could have been because I didn't have that much time to read it, so I probably forgot who was who in between the times that I did read it, so I got a tad confused. But, overall, I liked the books. They were filled with all kinds of drama and action (and a little romance) so they kept my attention for the most part.
 
And now I've started to read "The Finishing Touches" by Hester Browne and it's turned out pretty good. It was only $5.95 at Barnes and Nobles (woohoo!) and it looked like the perfect summer read, which is exactly what I wanted.
 
Source
Here's a little excerpt from the cover...
 
Twenty-seven years ago, an infant turned up on the doorstep of London’s esteemed Phillimore Academy for Young Ladies. Now, Betsy Phillimore returns to the place where she was lovingly raised by Lord and Lady Phillimore, only to find the Academy in disrepair and Lord P. desperate to save his legacy. Enter Betsy with a savvy business plan to replace dusty protocol with the essentials girls need today: cell phone etiquette, eating sushi properly, handling credit cards, choosing the perfect little black dress, negotiating a pre-nup, and other lessons in independent living. But returning to London also means crossing paths with her sexy girlhood crush . . . and stirring up the mystery of who her parents are and why they abandoned her. Will the puzzle pieces of her past fall into place while Betsy races to save the only home she’s ever known? 
 
So far, so good! I'll be sure to keep y'all updated on how it turns out ;)
 
That's all for my random book ramblings today!
 
Have a very happy Tuesday,
B.Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment