Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter!

I'm about a week late with this post, but here goes...

I loooove Easter! It's one of my favorite holidays. I just love everything about the weekend and this year was no exception.

My dad came into town from Kansas City on Friday, so my brother and I got to spend the majority of the weekend with him which was nice :)

Friday night while my brother was working away at Chick-fil-a, dad took me shopping in Nordstrom! That was interesting to say the least. He claimed that I needed at least one pair of "good" jeans (which yes is probably true) and some "nice, good quality outfits." Either he just wanted to spend money on me, or he's telling me that my wardrobe sucks. I don't really care what the reason was though, it resulted in new clothes for me so I'm not complaining ;)

After our shopping extravaganza, we headed over to Chick-fil-a to visit little brother. He was just starting his break which was perfect timing, so we all got to eat together. And then after dinner I FINALLY went to go see the Hunger Games!! Dad hasn't read the books or anything, but he had heard that they were super good and of course I have been dying to see the movie after reading the books and let me just say...that movie did not disappoint! It was amazing! Although they weren't able to capture everything (that would have been a super long movie), I still think they did a great job and that it accurately represented the book. And the fact that it was all filmed in North Carolina was pretty exciting too :)

Saturday morning was the oh so exciting Raleigh Easter!!! My church, Vintage 21, held a huge Easter Egg Hunt in downtown Raleigh and it was wooonderful. 60,000 eggs, tons of balloons, inflatables, and massive amounts of people made for a pretty fun morning. I think I'll let the pictures do the talking...

Instagram: blhines2 :)





The rest of the afternoon was spent back at Nordstrom, this time for my brother. I've gotta say, I had much more fun picking out clothes for him and watching him try on and model stuff than I did when it was my turn. It was much less stressful that way, maybe that sounds ridiculous...?


After brothers fun shopping experience, we headed over to Omega sports and I finally got some compression sleeves!

And yes, I put them on immediately and kept them on during our dinner at McCormick and Schmicks. I had on jeans, no one could tell :)

Easter Sunday was a wonderful day :) I woke up early and headed to church at Vintage 21 with my family. My church has 3 different campuses, one in West Raleigh, one in East Raleigh, and one in Durham, but for Easter Sunday we had one HUGE church service with everyone at the Memorial Auditorium!


It's a gorgeous building and the actual auditorium is incredible!

That morning I was in charge of getting some shots of everything going on before and during the service, much like I was for the Easter Egg Hunt. I had a blast! I loved meeting new people, talking with friends, and just the overall JOY that filled the building on Easter morning!





My brother, mom, and I after the service :)

When church was over, we all headed back to the house for a deeeelicious breakfast, lots of relaxing in the sun and plenty of picture taking! But don't worry I won't bore you with all of the pictures, just a few...



Brother and I are silly

Everything about this day was perfect and I'm so thankful for everything that I had to celebrate this Easter! :)

Happy Friday!!
B.Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment