Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I did something kind of crazy


I may or may not have signed up for the Marine Corps Marathon in October.

After only running one half marathon.

Knowing that training would take place during the miserable North Carolina Summer heat.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!

Clearly I've gone insane.

But, even though I'm realizing just how miserable this training is going to be (I went on a 5 mile run, at 6pm in MARCH and I was already dying of heat...this Summer is going to be intense), I'm still SO excited to run this marathon!

I've only heard great things about it, and I've heard that it's a good one to do for a first timer. It's also in DC which will be really neat! What's up monuments? And, as an added bonus, my cousin and his wife are also running the marathon! Of course, they're in the Air Force and have run probably 1,000 marathons...but hey, at least I'll have family there.

I guess I'd better start practicing my "OORAH!" ;)

B.Hines

2 comments: