Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I'm obsessed with film

If you happen to read both this blog and my photography blog, then you may have already seen this same post. I guess this topic is just so exciting that I had to share it on both blogs :) So sorry in advance if you've already seen this.

As I mentioned earlier, I borrowed my granddad's old Minolta film camera (from 1979!) to play around with learning how to shoot using a film camera. No auto mode, no instant playback, no "crap looks like I did that wrong...let me try again." Instead, it's all manual, it's learning to really focus on what's in the frame, and it's saying a lot of "well...I guess we'll see!"

And I love it so much.

But would I love the actual pictures as much as I loved the whole process? Did I actually know what I was doing as a photographer or not? This first roll of film, that I had developed yesterday, would be the indicator of that.

Well, I have to say that I'm pretty pleased (SO HAPPY!) with the pictures...









I have a  feeling that there will be many more rolls of film in my future :)

Happy Wednesday!
B.Hines


Photos copyright Brittany Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment