Monday, June 4, 2012

The Story of Kitty Mooch


Today I'm here with a story. A story of a sweet little kitty named Mooch (or if you're me you just call her Kitty).

Once upon a time, many years ago, back when I was living at home and we still had our sweet pup, Lucky (she died of leukemia after my Freshman year of college), my family unintentionally got a cat.



This cute little animal started showing up at our house, hanging around outside looking for food. After a few days passed by and she was still there, we started to leave dog food outside for her to eat. We started asking around to see if anyone was missing a cat, and we looked for signs, but we didn't find out anything. To this day we're still not sure where she came from. As the months went on and it got colder outside, my siblings and I gradually convinced our parents to let her stay in the garage at night. I mean we couldn't let her freeze, right?! Well that then turned into "okay, well she's still here so we should probably at least buy some cat food..." and then from there she eventually she made her way into our house and she became our cat!



So since she was now ours we figured we should take her to the vet to get her spayed, we didn't want any baby kitties running around! We took her to the vet, they go through the whole process of shaving her, cutting her open, yadda yadda yadda, only to find out that oh wait, she's already been spayed! and hey look, she's declawed too! What? Basically our new 'adopted' cat was already someones house cat. Well whoops, too late now!

We still never heard anything about a missing cat, so we continued to treat her like our own. She hung around the house, cuddled with us (sometimes unwillingly, gotta love cats...), ate our food, fought with our dog (when really our dog just wanted to play!), and took over the house as cats typically do. But we loved her! And because she truly 'mooched' off of us, we thought it was only fitting to name her Mooch! Sweet little Kitty Mooch :)

Clearly she loved it when I held her and attempted to give her a leash... 

Now, many years later our sweet little kitty has passed away due to leukemia (or lymphoma maybe?) and now my home is petless. :( Oh how I'll miss seeing those sweet little animals that were there whenever I came home...


I realize that this picture is horrible as far as quality goes, and as much as it pains me to actually put this on my blog, I couldn't not share this adorable moment from many years ago. Maybe they loved each other more than we all thought... :)

Miss you Mooch & Lucky!

B.Hines

2 comments:

  1. :( so sorry and sad to hear that your house is now animal less.
    that first picture is just so freaking hilarious. so much emotion in those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I really love that picture too...definitely one of my favorites!

      Delete