Thursday, June 17, 2010

Goals.

I need to create some goals for myself this summer, or else I'll get nothing done that I need/want to get done. So...here we go!



My overall summer goals:
-Get in shape!
-Learn to TRULY cook a real dinner for myself - aka no more hot pockets/fast food when I get lazy, which is most of the time.
-Play tennis more and become better at it.
-Cure myself of Entomophobia (fear of insects)
-Spend time with my family, especially my brother, who leaves for ECU in the fall :(
-Continue to constantly learn more about all the capabilities my camera has.
-Do my absolute best as a Marketing Intern for SAS (eek!)
-Look for any opportunities to help me with photography.
-Attend the photography classes that were given to me when I bought my camera. (I have 18 passes so if you'd like to go with me, please let me know!)
-Make a dentist appointment ASAP! (after reading Lauren's blog (http://lauren-lajoiedevivre.blogspot.com/) where she mentioned going to the dentist, I realized I needed my teeth cleaned too)
-Blog regularly.
-Take Donny & Kristen's engagement pictures!
-Finish the books on my Summer Reading list.
-Book more sessions so that I can have more practice. (any friends want pictures done for fun?)
-Edit the pictures within 2 days of the session, no more procrastination.
-Finish watching Glee before the next season starts.
-Make a trip to Pittsburgh.
-Start planning a mostly free trip out of the country with Dad and Casey, so pumped for this to hopefully work out!
-Buy a tripod.
-Find furniture for next year.
-Clean out my computer/room!
-Paint something.
-Finish my Italy Scrapbook that I've been working on for almost a year!
-Eat healthier.
June goals:
-Take some amazing pictures in D.C. using either shutter or aperture modes- no auto!
-And on that note, continue to master shooting on either of those modes.
-Plan an amazing birthday celebration for my 21st in July (one month from today)!
-EDIT PICTURES! And learn to not procrastinate when it comes to that.
-Put more/all of my edited pictures on my flickr -- http://www.flickr.com/photos/brittanylynnphotography check it out!
-Fill out all the necessary paperwork for my new job.
-Find some curtains/something to stop the sun from streaming into my room and onto my face every morning at 8:00.
-Blog more.
-See Toy Story 3 with Casey!! We/I have been talking about going for forever, and he decided to be super cute and sweet and he bought tickets for us in advance for Tuesday, but unfortunately he bought them before I had the chance to tell him I was going to D.C. next week. Womp...we fail.
-Read scripture more.
-Plan a fun double date/trip with Alicia and Tom :)


Well, those are my goals for so far, I'm sure I could go on and on with more. From now on I'm going to try and update on the 1st of every month with a list of overall goals, and monthly goals. I read the blog for Nancy Ray photography (http://nancyrayblog.com/) and saw this and thought it was a great idea!

And now...on to editing pictures!!

Ciao,
B.hines

4 comments:

  1. Yes Brittany, please blog more! I'm doing it everyday, as annoying as that is lol.... but I would love to do a photography session for fun if you need the practice, that would be so much fun! And congrats on getting the internship!!!! Woo and thanks for the shoutout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! and yes yes yes I want to take your picture! We could have a fun photo shoot in D.C./NYC if that works out! I can't wait :) eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha we are such nancy fans =)
    I will def. go to that photo class with you! =)
    Add to goals: plan a weekend trip with Casey, Kristen and Donny

    You the got a position at SAS? I knew you could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha yes she's such an inspiration!

    and yea you should def. go with me.. here's when the classes are let me know what you can/can't do http://www.ritztraining.net/drupal6/sites/ritzcamerauniversity.com/files/NorthCarolina/Raleigh.pdf

    weekend trip with casey, kristen and donny= most def! we all need to get unbusy!

    and yes i got the position! eeeek!

    ReplyDelete