Friday, June 18, 2010

La Comida.


Disaster.

No, this really doesn't look all that bad (at least in my opinion it doesn't) and no, it didn't really taste too bad either (sort of). But geez was it a complete and total pain to make.

I have learned after tonight that I am not meant to be a cook. I will just marry someone who knows what he's doing in the kitchen and until then live off of instant meals or take out. I don't have the patience to spend that much time cooking a meal that I will devour in half the time it took to make, and that's not even including the clean up time.

Plus, I honestly don't trust myself as a cook to eat the food that I make. What I made tonight was ravioli with chicken and cheese in it, and then I heated up some already cooked chicken and some alfredo sauce to add to that, doesn't sound too hard right? Wrong. I can't tell if the chicken is done inside the ravioli when it's in boiling water! And even if it does seem done I always second guess myself and end up scared to eat it. As for that other already cooked chicken, well it didn't turn out so hot. How do I mess that up you're wondering? Beats me. And the alfredo sauce...not so bad. Minus the fact that it was probably bad to eat. As is half of my food. Stupid expiration dates, that's what makes cooking the hardest. I have an easy, yummy meal planned out in my head then bam, I go to get the food and it's expired. What is this?!

After one attempted meal I'm already ready to throw in the towel and go back to my hot pockets/ham sandwiches/grilled cheese/easy-to-make chicken. Is this crazy? Maybe it was just discouraging because today has been a blah pity party type of day. We'll go with that, so maybe I'll get up the courage to try again in another few days... Wish me luck!

In other (better) news, I'm about done editing the pictures of Alicia and Tom! I'll have some posted tomorrow, hopefully. :)

Adios bloggies,
B.hines

2 comments:

  1. the title makes me think of la comida, la comida, la comida. hahaha

    don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha la comida la comida la comida

    i'll try.

    ReplyDelete