Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Oh my goodness y'all, the Disney Princess Half Marathon was completely amazing! I know I already mentioned that, but seriously I had the best time! The whole weekend was just wonderful, it was definitely a first half that I will always remember.

Let's rewind, shall we?

8:30pm on Friday night and we finally arrived in Orlando! (We = my mom and I, she's my #1 fan!)


It was a long day of traveling due to flights being delayed because of bad weather. In fact, the Raleigh airport apparently closed at around 5pm that afternoon because the wind was so bad. I'm super thankful that we made it out before then!

We finally got to our resort and were starving, so we chowed down on some yummy resort food while watching Cars 2 outside. Not only do I love Cars...but watching it outside by the pool?! Yes please!


Oh, and maybe I should mention that it was gorgeous outside as well... love Florida weather!

After we had our late dinner, my mom and I wandered around the resort for a bit. We stayed in the Disney All Star Sports Resort so everything was sports themed and I loved it. We stayed in the football part, so fitting for a girl that loves football as much as me :)


They also had a tennis section, basketball section, and a baseball section. They've got it all.

Saturday morning we attempted to sleep in, but unfortunately I was still up by 8:00. Sleeping in is apparently a foreign concept to me now...so dumb. Saturday we didn't have many other plans other than heading to the expo and relaxing! Luckily, since we stayed at a Disney resort, they had a shuttle going to take us to the expo, so that made things really simple for us.

The expo was at the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex. That place is huge! I've never been out there before so it was really fun to go check it out. In the morning they had a 5k and a family fun run going on, and then also the expo which was all day. That place was packed! I've never seen so many females decked out in glitter and tutu's before in my life...and it wasn't even race day yet!




Even though the expo was completely crowded, it all went pretty smoothly. I got my bib, t-shirt, and other race day necessities (eeek!) and then just walked around the expo for a while, checking out the different vendors.


Princess Brittany ;)



We also saw Jeff Galloway and Sage Steele talk for a bit about training and running your first half marathon...



After the expo, my mom and I headed over to Downtown Disney for a late lunch and to wander around the area a bit because we had never been to that part of Disney.

We had lunch at Planet Hollywood, explored in Lego Land, and continued to wander...





This is how I fuel up before a race. Deliiiiish.





After all of our walking around, eating, and more walking around, we headed back to our resort to enjoy the rest of our afternoon with this as our view....




I could definitely get used to that.

And for the rest of the evening I sat in bed icing my foot and praying to God that it would be healed before the big race in the morning!


But, let's just save that issue and the race recap for another post, shall we? :) I'll be impressed if you've actually read this post this far...

Happy Tuesday!
B.Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment