Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Story of the Steelers Dice


Once upon a time, I got two pretty Steelers dice for Christmas.

Source
Beautiful. 

Like any normal human being, I put them in my car and hung them for the whole word to see! (not from my mirror though, that's just a little too much for me...but instead from my "oh crap!" handles)

Sadly, I don't have a picture of this and can't just take one because my little Jeepy is yet again in the shop. More on that later, it's a good story I promise.


Just use your imagination that this is my actual car and that there are two beautiful dice hanging from that handle.

Anyway...back to the story, these dice were hanging by the handles that are right next to my windows, and on a gorgeous sunny day heading to work, I had my windows down. Well, next thing I know a big gust of wind goes through my car and my dice are hanging out the window! Oh my.

I should probably go ahead and mention that I've had these dice for a while. For like 5 or 6 years they have been hanging in my car. Their colors have faded, they've been abused by non-steelers fans (so mean), they've been through it all! So, when I reached over to grab one to pull them both back in the car, well...that didn't go over too well. The string that connected the dice was so worn that it just broke and the black dice fell out the window off onto the side of the road...


And then there was one...

Well now, what am I supposed to do with just one dice with no string??

So this was weeks ago... now let's fast forward to yesterday.

After work I went for a run and decided to run from my apartment to work (work is only about 2 miles away...if that). As I was heading back, I was running along the side of the road and I suddenly remembered that this was the road that I lost my dice on over 2 weeks ago.

Now how funny would that be if here I was just going on a casual run and I actually found my dice?!

So, just for fun I started to look for it...definitely not thinking that it would still be here on the side of the road after the wind and rain and whatever other weather that we've had in the past few weeks. Well, as luck would have it, I looked down and saw this little black dice sitting in the ditch.


REUNITED!!!!

I don't know that I even want to know where that sucker has been, but after a little wash it will be good as new and back in my Jeep! ...if I ever get my Jeep back that is...but like I said, more on that later.

So happy to have both of my Steelers dice back :) 

Happy Thursday!
B.Hines

2 comments:

  1. hahahhahah i love this!!!! obviously because im a steelers fan. i hate steelers haters (i just used the word HATE twice in a sentence...awesome). when i used to have one of those cheesy magnets on my car of a steelers helmet...it was destroyed by bengirls fans within a day. i guess we'll let them have a win somehow.

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah everyone just loves to find a reason and a way to hate the steelers! oh well, they're all just jealous :) hope you had a great weekend too and thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete