Monday, February 20, 2012

Training Update: Week ??

Honestly, no clue what this last week makes. BUT, it was the second to LAST week before the actual race...we're almost there!!

Monday: rest day after my 9 mile run on Sunday :)

Tuesday: I didn't run. Oops...

Wednesday: 4:34 miles, 43ish minutes. It was such a gorgeous day outside, in the 60's! Loved it!

Thursday: 5.22 miles, 50ish minutes. Not so gorgeous day outside, but still had a great run. It was pouring down rain all afternoon, but regardless I still thought it would be fun to go for a run. Once you get over the fact that it's pouring rain and you're soaking wet...it actually makes it a very exciting run!


I promise my legs aren't as fat as they look in this picture haha

Friday: I played tennis with a friend for a bit because it was so pretty outside :)

Saturday: ANOTHER gorgeous day...loved the weather last week! I was supposed to do 60 minutes of cross training, but unfortunately my foot started hurting Friday night and continued to hurt throughout the day on Saturday, so I figured a rest day would be okay.

Sunday: 11:06 miles, 1 hour 50 minutes. Longest run yet! AND last long run before the big race! Although I woke up to my foot still hurting, I decided to deal with it and run anyway (I know you technically shouldn't do this...but I'm stubborn). I guess I'm paying for that decision now, because my foot is in some major pain. Luckily though, the doctor doesn't think it's fractured or broken, but instead I have cellulitis (whatever that is?) and it's some infection. So I have some lovely antibiotics to get rid of it :) Please be praying that this heals it... I think I will lose it if I can't run my half on Sunday. I'm just putting all of my of trust in God right now! :)

And now, a little sneak peek of my outfit for the race...


I'm so excited! :)

Happy Monday,
B.Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment