Monday, March 5, 2012

A sad post on this Monday morning...

Unfortunately I'm feeling a little blah on this glorious Monday morning. It could be the fact that it's Monday and that I really don't want to be at work, or that I'm already missing all of the amazing friends I saw this weekend, or that I'm bummed out about what I'm doing with my life (typical post graduation talk), or maybe I'm just feeling kind of sad because of my boy, Hines Ward.

As some of you may know, last week the Steelers released Hines Ward, along with Aaron Smith, James Farrior, and Chris Kemoeatu.


I kind of have some mixed emotions about this. I mean yeah, I guess football is a "business" and you have to make the best decisions for the team...but geez, releasing 4 players within a week?! And including Hines Ward in that?? He has done PHENOMENAL things for the Steelers, I cannot imagine the team without him. He has been my favorite player from the beginning and it will truly break my heart to watch the Steelers play and not see him. And if he goes to another NFL team (which will very well be the case) I think I will DIE seeing him in another jersey. But I guess as long as he doesn't go to the Ravens that might soften the blow a bit...

Either way, on this Monday morning I have a very heavy heart for my boy, Hines! I wish him the best wherever he ends up, and I think I can safely speak for all of Steeler Nation when I say that he will most certainly be missed!

Source

For some reason embedding this video wasn't working, but you should still go check out this awesome tribute to Hines...see it here!

Adios,
B.Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment