Thursday, March 22, 2012

Adventure is out there!

Can we just pause a moment before I even start and take a chance to recognize where that awesome quote in my title is from? Only the best movie ever, Up! If you haven't seen it then you need to go watch it now.

Moving on...

You may remember from a few posts back that I mentioned something about planning a graduation trip, yes? Well, the plans are set and the trip is quickily approaching!

Where are my mom and I traveling to you might ask?

SOUTH AMERICA!!

Boy oh boy are we in for a crazy adventure. We'll be traveling for 10 days and hitting up a total of 3 countries.

First stop...Peru! In Peru we'll be going to Cuzco, Sacred Valley, and of course..Machu Picchu! I am so excited. I've heard great things about Peru and I cannot wait to get some amazing pictures, especially of Machu Picchu :) I've also never been anywhere in South America, and I know the culture will be so different and I'm excited to learn a bit more about it - and finally put my Spanish minor to work. ;)


Next up...the Iguazu Falls! Ever since my dad went to see these falls during a trip to Brazil, I have been dying to check them out for myself. They look incredible!


The falls are located on the border of Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay. We'll be going to both the Argentina side and the Brazil side. I'm seriously so excited! I love love loooove waterfalls. Even the pictures that I've seen of these are breathtaking, I can't imagine how gorgeous they'll be in person!

And lastly, we're headed to good ole Rio, Brazil.


I've heard some crazy things about this city and I've gotta be honest, I'm a little skeptical. BUT, it is beautiful and that by itself is enough to convince me that I need to visit! We won't be in Rio that long...but we plan to hit up all of the big things to do - Corcovado Mountain, Tijuca Rainforest, Sugar Loaf, and of course...the Christ Statue!

I still can't believe that I'll be visiting all of these places in just 36 short days! That's just crazy to me, the time is flying by! I wish I could say that I'm totally prepared, but I'm not...at all. We do have our Visa's for Brazil, but other than that...I'm kind of a bit clueless. Guess I'd better start thinking about what to pack and how to pack it soon, huh?

Either way I am SO STOKED to get to have this wonderful trip with my mom! And have you noticed that I'll be crossing some things off the bucket list with this trip? ;) I cannot wait travel South and experience some of the great wonders of the world!

Any tips for packing/traveling would be a huge help!

Happy Thursday,
B.Hines

none of these pictures are my own, all photos were found in google.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh Britt I'm so excited for you! You're doing all of these things in 36 days?!?! That's crazy! I'm dying to go to the falls, please take a million pictures so I can pretend I'm there! AHHHH this is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete