Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Only in a Jeep

I think I can confidently say that this will be the first and last Jeep I will ever own. 

A few days ago as I was leaving work I noticed that the window behind the drivers side was down a crack, I didn't think I had put it down, but oh well, I thought, I'll just roll it up! Little Jeepy didn't like that idea. I pressed the button and some weird cranking noises were made and my window didn't budge. Great. So I drive on home from work and notice as I'm going that it is gradually sliding down a little bit more, well that's fun. Luckily it never went all the way down (and it's amazingly warm outside for February), and when I got back to my apartment I was able to just slide it right back up and all was good. I was even half excited that I had a fun little magic trick I could show my friends (slash Roommate). 

Too bad that wasn't the end of it and it didn't magically fix itself. To prevent it from sliding down while I was driving (or to prevent someone from sliding down my window and breaking in to my car) I wedged an empty Orbit gum packet into the window so it would stay put. Brilliant plan, it worked wonderfully! Just call me an engineer...

Sorry for the poor camera phone quality!
But my car still hates me. Last night I drove to Olive Garden for a fun little girls night with my closest friends (perfect way to spend Valentines Day, by the way), and we noticed that, of course, the window behind the passenger side decided to be broken too. Hooray! Two is better than one anyway, right?! I didn't have another gum packet to jam in there, but we figured it would be alright and it even stayed up through our whole dinner at Olive Garden. So when I parked at the apartment for the night, I just slide the window back up and thought all would be dandy. Nope. I woke up this morning all ready to go to class only to find that the window had fallen all the way down

Another lovely camera phone picture!
Peace out window, I didn't want you in the first place. Luckily nothing in my car is missing, but there was no way I was about to trust my car with no window in the NC State parking lot.

So, instead of going to the two class that I have today, I'm taking a "mental health day" :) I drove on home and put my car in the garage where it is safe and where it will remain until it's appointment on Thursday. Maybe these mechanics can also tell me why my car refuses to blow out heat and or air conditioning when it's stopped at a light, stop sign, in traffic, etc.? 

On the other hand, yesterday was a wonderful Valentines day! Complete with flowers, chocolate, yummy Italian food and wine, and best friends :) 


I hope you all had a great one as well and that you shared it with the people you love!

"Three things will last forever--faith, hope, and love--and the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

Ciao,
B.Hines

2 comments:

  1. where did those flowers come from. i haven't seen those. why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Your car just loves you doesn't it?
    That's okay, I love you more :) And so does Jesus!
    Happy post Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete