Friday, November 11, 2011

Training: Week Six

I can't believe I've been through six (and almost seven!) weeks of training already! Before I know it it'll be the end of February and I'll be kicking this half marathons tail!

I realize that I'm a little late with this training update, seeing as how it's almost the end of yet another week, but better late than never, right?

Technically this training week should have started with Monday, but  since I did my 4 miles for the previous week of training on Monday, I started with Tuesday instead and was a little off.

Tuesday: rest day :)

Wednesday: 2.87 miles ~27 minutes outside. Run went okay. I'm not really sure how far or for how long I really did run though. I hit pause twice on my Garmin when I stopped to stretch and forgot to hit restart until I'd already been running for a while, so who knows!

Thursday: I'm a big fat slacker

Friday: Once again, I'm a slacker. Dunno what got into me this week and why I was so lazy! Or maybe I was just too busy with school and work... ?

Saturday: 3 miles ~30 mins outside. The backs of my feet were more sore than normal, but ended up not really bothering me. I thought my feet were going to go numb but I stopped to stretch a few times and they never did :)

Sunday: 4.51 miles ~47 minutes outside, in the morning! I had an amaaaaazing run! At first I wasn't sure how it was going to go (I was sooooo sleepy and my ankles started to get tight fast) but in the end it turned out wonderfully and I could have kept running! And....no numb feet!! :)

It was a wonderful last week of training (well minus the whole not running on Thursday thing) and I'm feeling like I'm making progress!

Happy Friday!
B.Hines

2 comments:

  1. Yay for half marathon training! I was training for one too before I blew out my knee :(. Is it really a disney princess half marathon, because if so that is the most amazing thing I have ever heard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christine! Yes, it is a Disney Princess Half Marathon...I'm soo excited! The course goes throughout the parks and there are characters cheering you on! That's a bummer about your knee! Have you run a half before?

    ReplyDelete