Thursday, January 5, 2012

365 Days

It's January 5, 2012 and so far I have made no mention to the New Year on this blog. It doesn't even really feel like the new year to me and I didn't do much to celebrate sooo it's kind of slipped my mind!

But, I do have a new years resolution...kind of.

I've decided to start a 365 day project where I take a picture of something every single day for a year. I love photography and I wanted to start this project as a way to keep me thinking creatively and to encourage myself to take more pictures just for fun.




In order for me to also learn from this project, each month I will have a different theme to focus on...

January - Color
February - Tonal Contrast
March- Triangles
April - Negative Space
May - Mood
June - Low Light
July - Balance
August - Tension
September - Frames
October - Color in Black and White or Black and White
November - Chiaroscuro
December - Reflections

This idea came from this website, check it out.

So far I've been great at keeping up with this project - although maybe not the themes. I found a really awesome site online that gives you a place to upload your pictures each day, and even make comments about each one. It's 365project.org and it's awesome! It definitely helps keep me accountable, knowing that I need to take and upload a picture every day.


If you love taking pictures and want to continue to learn more about photography then I suggest you start your own 365 project! I'm excited to keep taking pictures and see what I end up with :) Also...if you start your own on this site than be sure to find me and add me or follow me or whatever it's called!

Happy New Years :)
B.Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment