Monday, January 9, 2012

Training Update: Week 18

I have been so horrible at keeping my blog updated with my training lately. I just finished up week 18 but haven't actually posted a training update since week 11. Whoooops. No need to fill you in on all those weeks in between though...especially the weeks around Christmas. I may or may not have been a big, fat, slacker.

This week on the other hand, I whipped my butt back into shape!

Monday: Nada!

Tuesday: Did yoga at work during lunch...that was interesting. It was a 50 minute long class filled with lots of stretching, which is exactly what I needed. I think I just enjoy the type of work outs where I sweat. Went running that afternoon outside and it was an amazing run! 4.01 miles - 41ish minutes. Went throughout the trails at work at around 4:30pm and even though it was around 30* with a wind chill of 20* I still felt great, maybe it was the yoga!


This is how pretty I look after running in the cold. 


So thankful for warm gloves!!

Wednesday: Today during lunch I tried a "back to the core + stretching" class. It was straight abs for 30 minutes then stretching for the last 15. After it I went for a quick run outside, 2 miles - 18ish minutes. My legs were TIRED. I walked back up the 7 flights of stairs to my office and I thought I was going to die.

Thursday: 4.01 miles outside, 40:32 minutes. My run went pretty good. I woke up super sore from all that hard core working out on Wednesday, but it wasn't too bad while running. I went along the trails at SAS and came across ten deer and the most gorgeous sunset ever...it was amazing! The only bad thing was that I didn't have any type of camera with me, still kicking myself for that...

Friday: Rest :)

Saturday: Cross training day! 38 minutes on the bike at the gym - 9 miles. I wish I could run 9 miles in 38 minutes!

Sunday: I had such an amazing run yesterday morning! I went at around 9am and ran outside and it was gorgeous! Not hot but not cold...it was perfect. Did 6.01 miles in 57:43 minutes and felt GREAT! Also, my time was better than it normally is...and I even stopped for a few seconds to wait for the light to turn green ;) I definitely could have kept running - it was a great run!

-------------------------

In other unrelated news, Tim Tebow ripped out my heart last night and stomped all over it.

For more on how I feel about that whole subject, hop on over to Lauren's blog. She took the words right out of my mouth and could not have said better what I was feeling!

And now we're done. No need to dwell on that anymore.

Happy(?) Monday!
B.Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment