Monday, January 30, 2012

Training Update: Week 21

Apparently my blog posts have become something of a pattern...how exciting. I promise I will have a new post tomorrow, totally unrelated to training and things that I love on Wednesdays :) But for now... week 21!

Can you believe that it's already been 21 weeks? There are only 4 more weeks til my half, I'm so stoked!!

Monday: Nada, rest day of course :)

Tuesday: 4.68 miles, 47ish minutes. Run went okay this afternoon. Stopped 4 times for stop lights, and once to stretch which ate up some time. My calves and ankles were also pretty tight and sore, and my right foot went numb for a little bit. Blaaaah!

Wednesday: Tennis! It was a gorgeous day and my friend and I decided that we had to do something outside, so we decided to play some tennis. After we hit the ball around for 30 minutes or so, our other friend came out to join us and we all ended up playing for another hour or so. Forgot how much I love tennis!

Thursday: Didn't run or anything today, but I think being on your feet for 10+ hours (5 of those hours in heels) should count for something. More on this tomorrow, but here's a sneak peek...


Friday: I did Yoga Flow this morning at work and it was a bit more difficult than the yoga I normally do. It's a bit harder, with more difficult stretches and more strength stuff, but I liked it! Ran in the afternoon with a friend - 3.51 miles, 33 minutes. There were lots of hills, and not even steep but just long! I was exhausted.

Saturday: I did this cardio workout video twice, and then decided to do level 1 of the 30 day shred. Oh so fun.

Sunday: 8.01 miles, 1 hour 20 minutes. Another 8 miles done...it feels good! I woke up really sore from the workouts I did on Saturday, so it was kind of hard to get going with the run, but things gradually got better. Of course now I'm super sore..

So there we go, another week done!

And this week I have the Krispy Kreme Challenge to look forward to this weekend! That should be interesting...

Happy Monday,
B.Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment