Monday, January 23, 2012

Training Update: Week 20

We can just skip over week 19, nothing too exciting anyway! This week however was a pretty successful running week...

Monday: Rest day!

Tuesday: 3.80 miles, 43ish minutes. Not the best of runs. It was raining during my run and I just felt off for most of it. My ankles/shins also really hurt, and at around 3.5 miles my right foot went numb, so I walked the last .20 miles. It was a pretty discouraging run, especially because I was supposed to do 4.50 miles.

Wednesday: 2.51 miles, 24ish minutes. Run went a little better today!

Thursday: 4.50 miles, 43ish minutes. And today my run was much better! I went in the afternoon with a friend and didn't use music and ran faster than normal. :)

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Really should have rode the bike or something...but I didn't. Whoooops.

Sunday: 8.01 miles, 1 hour and 17 minutes. Amazing run this morning! Went around 9:30am and it was 33ish degrees outside and rainy. It didn't really bother me that much though...I think I actually enjoy running in the cold. I was only supposed to go 7 miles today, but the way that I normally run was blocked off, so I ended up going a little farther and just decided to go the extra mile...and it went great! Didn't stop once - except for a few seconds at stop lights ;)

Just a little over a month until the half marathon and I'm getting SO excited!

And just because I've seen this floating around the blog world and it's just too good and true to not share...




That's all :) I promise to have a more exciting post - complete with tons of pictures - soon!

Happy Monday!
B.Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment