Thursday, January 13, 2011

NC State Bucket List: Part 1

There are a lot of 'traditions' here at NC State and a lot of things that should be done before graduating, just like I'm sure there are at any college. Someone (or a group of someones?) compiled a list of 54 things to do at NC State before graduating. Because I am totally in love with being a student at NC State, I have made it my goal to do all of the things on the list! Luckily I've already done a majority of them, but the bolded ones are those that I still have to complete... enjoy part one :)

1. Run the Krispy Kreme Challenge. check!
Danella and I Sophomore year!

2. Paint the Free Expression Tunnel. check!
Painting the Tunnel Freshman year for Alicia's Birthday!

3. Learn the NC State songs. check!(ish)
I know the Red & White song and the Alma Mater, but I have to learn the Fight song still. However I did just google the lyrics...next home basketball game I'll be singing along!

4. Tailgate at Carter-Finley Stadium. Don't forget to play cornhole. check!
Our LAST tailgate together!

5. Campout for NC State vs. UNC basketball tickets. check!
Campout Freshman year
Campout Sophomore year...19 degree weather, so fun. I'm sure that's what we have to look forward to on Saturday too, for our last campout!
6. Throw a snowball in the Court of North Carolina. check!

Although this isn't from the Court of Carolinas, I still love this snow day picture from Sophomore year.

7. Support NC State athletic teams. check!
We supported our team all the way to Orlando!!

8. Get involved in a student organization. check! 
9. Pull an all-nighter at D.H. Hill Library. okay so I have never actually been there the whole night, but I've come pretty close. I honestly don't think I will ever be there the whole night...staying until 2 is good enough for me. 
10. Eat a scoop of Howling Cow Ice Cream. check!
11. Whisper in the Wolf Ears. check!
12. Read Technician to stay up on campus news. check! (and took pictures for it...woowoo)
13. Support breast cancer awareness. Attend the Hoops 4 Hope game. check!
This is the only good picture we got?

14. Participate in Service Raleigh. check!
15. Protect the Free Expression Tunnel at Ram Roast.
16. Check out the latest fashions at Art to Wear. check!
17. Take your picture with Mr. and Ms. Wuf. I got one with Mr. Wuf, does that count?
18. Make the Dean's list. Every semester so far!
19. Study Abroad. check!
Danella and I studied abroad in Florence! Best time of my life!
20. Participate in Shack-A-Thon.
21. Visit each of NC State's campuses (Main, Centennial, and the Vet School). I guess I still gotta check out the Vet School..
22. Support local farmers at the Campus Farmers Market. 4 big cookies for $5...yes please!
23. Vote in the Student Government elections. check!
24. Watch a movie at the Campus Cinema. check!
25. Fight the "Freshman 15" by working out at the Carmichael Complex. check!
26. Check out a Fraternity or Sorority. does going to the parties/semi dating someone for a few weeks in one of them count?
27. Get to know your campus leaders. we've hung out with a few presidents in our days...



Okay now it's time for class. I'll post the second half soon!

Happy Thursday,
B.Hines

1 comment:

  1. This is so inspiring! I might just have to put my own NCSU bucket list up here too! (PS I LOVE the photo of you guys in the snow.. are you crying for real??)

    ReplyDelete