Monday, May 23, 2011

My Weekend Through the Lens of a Camera Phone

This weekend was a very busy but fun weekend for me. The warm hot weather is finally here and I love it! Especially on a weekend where I have nothing to do but take pictures and relax. :)

Friday
On Friday I had work but left early to head on down to my hometown of Fuquay Varina to attend my first ever wedding as a photographer! I've been working a lot with one of the Raleigh photographers and I've had some great experiences being able to learn from her. She asked if I wanted to help shoot a wedding on Friday and of course I jumped right on that opportunity! I only stayed for the first half (the getting ready, the ceremony, and the cocktail hour) but it was so much fun. I was able to see how crazy and amazing it is to be a part of someones special day. I feel so blessed to have gotten these opportunities! On the way home I was thinking about how wonderful everything was and I noticed that the sunset was absolutely gorgeous. It's just amazing to see how great God is...


Saturday
La playa! A friend and I went down to the beach for the day for some relaxation and SUN! It was an absolutely perfect day for the beach and after hanging out in the sand for a few hours we were able to meet up with Danella and my step sister Lisa for some yummy muffins :)


The clouds were pretty awesome looking to me as well...


I guess it's the little things in life :)

That night I spent some time at home with my mom. My step-dad was out of town and my brother was at work, so it was just us girls...eating dinner and talking!

Sunday
Sunday morning I had another photography opportunity and I got to help shoot a triathlon at one of the local YMCA's. It was such a hot morning but it was so encouraging to see everyone giving it their all in the race! That afternoon some friends from middle school and I went to the pool to get some more sun and catch up with each other. It was an entertaining afternoon, to say the least. After the pool we went to Moe's, and then tried out this super yummy frozen yogurt place, Freshberrys (I think?), that none of us had been to.


SO YUMMY!

We wandered a bit around campus...


Stole a friends dog...

Finley is impossible to get a picture of, is scared of the lake (or geese/ducks/people?), and apparently he is sick of that leash too... but he's such a precious puppy.

And went to the lake where we saw some cute little babies!


All in all it was a great weekend spent outside with friends and family! And now, sadly, it's Monday. I started my summer class this morning (it's not going to be fun...) and spent the rest of the day at work. I just want to be outside in the HEAT! But I'm very excited for this holiday weekend coming up. My cousin from Pittsburgh is coming to town and I have no doubt that it will be another great weekend! Now let's hope this week flys by...

Adios,
B.Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment