Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekend Festivities

This weekend was filled with so much fun stuff, I can't believe that now I actually have to study for an exam tomorrow...but at least it's my only exam!

Friday
After spending a few hours at work while Hillary took her exam, we both headed out to her home town of Ararat! Unfortunately we got there kind of late in the afternoon so it was time for dinner, and I didn't get to have the grand tour of the town. But, I did get to pose with the Ararat sign...


Saturday
Susan G. Komen Walk for the Cure! This race was huge! The two 5k's I've done have been little turkey trots, so they weren't that crazy. The only other big race I did was the Krispy Kreme challenge and this race was probably just as big in size. It was a lot of fun though. We ran it in downtown Winston Salem and all throughout the race there were people cheering us on, it kept me running the whole time! I even beat my score from last time by a good 5 minutes, which is very exciting :) 

Before..

And after... 
The rest of the day Saturday was spent doing nothing. I went home for a bit and hung out with my family and just relaxed :)


Sunday: Momma's day!
Let me first off just say that I love my mom to pieces! She is an amazing woman and I hope to be just like her when I'm a mother :) To celebrate her wonderful day we picked strawberries... 


we threw old chairs in the dump...


we made chocolate covered strawberries, so yummy... 



we cooked dinner... 



we played Skip-Bo, my new favorite game...



and of course, we took family pictures... 





After everyone left, my mom, Roger, Michael, and I went out on the porch for some more Skip-Bo :) We all let mom win because it was Mother's Day, of course. 

And now on this glorious Monday morning I need to start studying for my exam tomorrow. I hope you all had a great Mother's Day weekend and have a fantastic week!

Happy Monday,
B.Hines

1 comment:

  1. You are too cute! I love hilary's hair do in the after picture, so funny!
    And those strawberries look sooooooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete