Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bad Dancing and Celebration

Day 18: A picture of your biggest insecurity

This one's kind of hard. I don't think much about what I'm insecure about, in fact I like to think I'm not that insecure about a lot of things? But one thing did pop into my head when I read what today's picture was... 


I'm a terrible dancer. And believe it or not, sometimes I get insecure about my dancing, especially when we're out at some bar or club and there's dancing and I'm still 100% sober. This actually wasn't one of those times though. I got called up on stage during Spring Break and it turns out that I had a blast "dancing" and making a fool of myself. But in many other instances I can be pretty insecure about my dance moves.

-----------------------------------------

This weekend was Easter and I went home to be with the family to celebrate Jesus death and resurrection!

We made pizza's:


We played my favorite childhood game, Skip-Bo:


We continued our tradition of a picture under the cross at church:


We went to my grandparents for a yummy lunch and many more family pictures:




and lots of laughing...




We went for an after lunch walk to attempt to burn off all the calories:


Grandad even did some gardening...


I finally got Grandmom to smile in a picture with me:


and look, smiles from both my grandparents! If only this picture were in focus...


And then there was Roger, just being his usual self:


But Happy 7th Anniversary to him and mom!


I had an amazing weekend with my family and the weather was gorgeous, I couldn't have asked for a better last break before the end of the semester craziness!

"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers." - 1 John 3:16

Happy Tuesday!
B.Hines

1 comment: